BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hendertucky Food Options

If any of you happen to be reading Mikey's blog postings lately, he's talked extensively about the curiously named Omelet House in Henderson. Well, having discovered restaurant gems such as New York Pizza and Pasta, Amore's Taste of Chicago, The Sushi Factory, Grimaldi's, La Collina (now Carmines), etc. from recommendations of others, I finally decided to make the drive out to Boulder Highway and check out this much hyped (from my old roomy) diner.

The hype is officially substantiated!!!

I had what was probably the best tasting omelet (I'll just use the diner's spelling) I've had in a very long time! It came with a generous piece of banana bread, their special "breakfast spuds" and a 6-egg omelet made to perfection. The specific omelet that I chose was the "Plymouth Rock", which I admit is somewhat hippie-ish, but it was a delicious blend of jack cheese, turkey chunks, diced tomatoes and avocados. I've never even considered putting avocados in an omelet, but that was actually the highlight of the omelet! I also kicked it up a notch by dripping some hot sauce on top of it. The breakfast spuds are just a fancy way of saying seasoned potato chips, which were pretty good and the banana bread wasn't too shabby either. The really nice thing about the meal was that the total bill (I just got water) came to $9, which as Mikey has mentioned, would be doubled if you got the same meal at the Peppermill on the Strip.

The service was good and its just got that nice, down-to-earth small-town breakfast diner feel to it. I'll definitely be going back. It's too bad it doesn't open until 7am since I could see myself grabbing breakfast there after a 9pm-5am shift quite often if it opened earlier.

Oh, and I also drove further down Boulder Highway to check out that Friendly Donut Shop as well. Very good donuts, although I wasn't really blown away by it like I was the Omelet House. However, Friendly's DOES open at 4am, so if I'm bored after work some morning, I might make the drive again. We'll see. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of donuts (although the bear claw was BIGGER than my hand).

Here's the banana/nut bread as a breakfast appetizer.

This would be the 6-egg omelet in all of its glory accompanied by the breakfast spuds.

Here I am about halfway through it. Once again, avocado in an omelet seems weird, but man it was very good!


And here I have successfully dispelled the myth that the meal can not be finished in one sitting.


5 comments:

Hurricane Mikey said...

Holy Shit! You finished that monster??? Damn. I am impressed!

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a slice of nut bread. That looks like a hunk of cake! 6 eggs on top of that. Where did you put it all? That would be a struggle for me to polish off.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think I just had an F.O.! Thanks for the pics.

Rob said...

I honestly don't know where I put it! And to be clear, I DID buy some donuts after that, but did NOT eat any. I brought them home for later, which is probably why they didn't impress me as much as they should have if I'd eaten them fresh.

Anonymous said...

wow, al of it??