BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Syd Barrett Tribute

This is for die-hard Pink Floyd fans. I've recently discovered a Floyd related message board (http://www.pinkfloydz.com) and a member over there (singtome70) has created a great video! It's a half-hour video tribute to Syd Barrett. There is a TON of videos and pictures in this movie that I've never ever come across before. It's very well-done and I guess it could be enjoyed by non-Floyd fans as well. If you have some time to kill, please give it a look.

3 comments:

Dave P. said...

Rob - thanks for the link. I haven't had time to look at it yet. But I wanted to mention that my 6-year old has started asking for parts of "Amused to Death" when we're driving in the car. She particularly likes "What God Wants - Part I" and "Perfect Sense". I'm so proud.

Rob said...

Great comment Dave! It's nice to see you're starting your child out on the right foot. Although make sure you introduce her to more than just Roger, otherwise she might turn out to be a bit of a gloomy individual! ;-)

I believe both of those songs were included in the set list for his concert that I went to at the MGM a couple of years ago. Thanks for planting the Waters seed in my head as I think its been over a year since I've sat down and listened to any of his solo albums!

Dave P. said...

Well, I didn't tell you the whole story. She started listening to Roger in the car. Then she asked if she could bring it in the house so she could dance to it. Sorry.

I'm not too worried about the "gloominess" rubbing off. She loves ABBA too. There's enough happy in that to offset Roger.

Ever listen to any Ca Ira? I've got to check that out sometime, although I can't imagine it being anything like Pink Floyd work.