BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Time for a new phone?

A few days ago Danielle and I took the dog on another hike. This time we tried the Arizona Hot Springs hike on the other side of the Hoover Dam in Arizona. This hike is only about a mile or so past the Liberty Bell Arch hike that we took previously, but it is nothing like the Liberty hike. The Arizona Hot Springs hike involves hiking down a long canyon until you reach the Colorado River. We then hiked about 1/2 mile south near the banks of the river looking for the hot springs, which were very elusive. Other hikers were down there as well and nobody could really find the springs. It turns out that a ladder that the park service puts there to get to the springs was not there (I guess it is being fixed), so nobody could bask in the hot springs goodness.

Unfortunately, the many pictures that I took on my camera phone seem to have a hazy fadeness to them (that's the best description I can come up with). I think the camera component of my cell phone is starting to go. Actually, that aspect is moot due to the fact that I can no longer get the memory card back into the phone itself. I think something broke up in there. Although the camera is only 1.2 megapixels, I really liked how that thing worked these past 3 years. But alas, if I can't use the memory card in it anymore, then it really seems like I have no choice but to get a new phone.

This one has lasted almost three years, so it was a good run. Within the next month or so I think I'll be getting on Verizon's web site and signing up for another two years. That, along with the online discount, should get me a really nice phone with a camera of 3.0 megapixels or better.

Have a happy New Year everyone!

1 comments:

Jim (Jimbucc) said...

Happy New Year Rob!