BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A blur

I've just gotten through working 16 out of the last 18 days. I'm pretty much in a haze and the days just seem to run into each other at this point. Many times in the last couple weeks I've had to look at my watch.....not to see what time it was, just to figure out the day and date!

I'm scheduled to be off and Saturday and Sunday, but there's always that ever present possibility that they could call me in Saturday morning (I think Sunday is pretty safe).

On a very good note, I may be receiving my biggest paycheck in my life. I mean that literally! I've worked 6-day work-weeks the last two weeks. So a whole 16 hours of my base paycheck will be time and a half. However, the biggest news is that out of those 16 days, a whole 15 of them saw tips in the $100+ range, with St. Patrick's day being the biggest by far!

If they call me in for Saturday, I guess I'll go in. I'm going to head to bed in a little while just in case the call does come. However, I'm secretly hoping it doesn't. I really do need a couple days in a row to chill out and recharge!

One great thing about working so much, it prevents me from spending money! The only real money I've used to stimulate the economy in the past two weeks was a night out last Friday night when a couple of friends were in town from Columbus. $50 was spent gambling at El Cortez and buying drinks at Main Street Station. So with a HUGE paycheck coming up next Thursday and not much on the credit cards this statement, I will be treating Danielle and myself to some sushi and Sunday. We're also planning on doing the $1.50 theater on Saturday and maybe follow that up with some pinball! Not exactly breaking the bank there either!

0 comments: