BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thomas Kwonged up the Thomas Kwong

This is pretty much the first time I've had a real chance to sit down at the computer without being really tired from work, etc. and give some real thought into a blog posting in a very long while! I'm pretty sure the last anyone heard about the housing situation is when I basically said I'd be moving out of the foreclosed house and going on vacation.

So just to update anyone who is interested, we did find a pretty nice place to move into in the VERY SHORT time period that we had! With the help of "3cats" over on the T2V message board, we found a 4 bedroom/3 full bath house in the Silverado Ranch area at around the same price we were paying at the place in Southern Highlands. Actually, its about $600 more, but we added Jeff's friend Patrick to the mix who had been renting month-to-month over near UNLV. So without getting into too many details, I'm now paying exactly $20 more per month in rent but splitting utilities 4-ways and still getting free Direct TV from Chris. I'm paying the least in rent because my bathroom is downstairs while all bedrooms are upstairs. However, I do still get my own bathroom, which is bigger than the old one, and my bedroom is also bigger. It's not a bad place at all and the neighborhood is still pretty nice.

The title of this post you ask? Well, Thomas Kwong is the name of the complete piece of human s**t who owned the house in Southern Highlands that we lived in for a grand total of 3 months. Apparantly, Mr. Kwong decided it would not be a good idea to repay the debt that he willingly went into with his bank and defaulted on his mortgage. Now before you start coming to this a**hole's defense and citing that mortgage foreclosure is a very common thing these days, please note that his very first monthly default on his mortgage was entered into record TWO WEEKS BEFORE he rented the house out to us!!! So he basically rented out this house to us KNOWING that he was not going to be able to pay his mortgage and just simply pocketed ALL the rent we were paying him during the time we were in the house. We then get a call from the rental office less than a week before the auction telling us to get the hell out ASAP!

The tragedy of all of this is that this douchebag will probably only be really hurt by the fact that his credit score will be hit hard by the foreclosure, nothing else. Unless, of course, he was counting on our rent money to pay off a mortgage on his current house in which I sincerely hope he runs out of money and he and his family are thrown out on the street just like we were! I truly believe that sooner or later, very bad things happen to bad people and this will hopefully all come full circle on this jackass!

The good news is that we did recieve all of our pro-rated rent from October back from the rental company as well as 100% of the security deposit. I've heard that renters in our situation renting directly from the landlord aren't even able to get their deposits back without suing them, so that's good I guess. But I'll admit that the 2 weeks between finding out about the foreclosure and moving into the new place is very easily in the top ten most stressful times of my life!!! It hurt me emotionally, physically and financially, although the financial aspect was very small considering the situation. I helped Chris pay a $50 penalty to Direct TV for moving within a year after setting things up, I missed one day of work to stay home and pack/look for places, and I paid my share of the U-Haul truck. I just hope I don't have to move again within the next year or so. It really takes a toll on my back and its a pain in the ass having to change my address with every entity involved!

So at this point my roommates and I are trying to get the term Thomas Kwong into America's everyday vocabulary. If you get ripped off at the repair shop, you've been Thomas Kwonged! If a used car salesman sells you a lemon, he Thomas Kwonged you! If you buy a bunch of stock in a company the day before it goes belly-up, oh man that's a Thomas Kwong! If you are unlucky enough to try that brown mystery meat at the employee dining room at work, it'll taste like you're eating a Thomas Kwong sandwich! If you look at me the wrong way when I'm drunk, I'll Thomas Kwong the living Thomas Kwong out of you!

Oh, and researching the Clark County Assessor's page turned up Mr. Kwongs actual address. Apparantly, he lives at:

8514 GOLDEN FERN AVE
LAS VEGAS NV 89178-4817

So if you're ever driving around Las Vegas and happen to be in his area, feel very free to leave a flaming paper bag filled with a steaming pile of Thomas Kwong on his doorstep!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can tel, you are pretty pissed of at mr. Kwong. Besides that you just had me laughing out loud. I am glad you solved your housing problem so quickly and hope you feel at home soon.

Anonymous said...

Glad everything worked out for you. Hopefully you Thomas Kownged his house on Devils Night! Keep up the great posts!

Anonymous said...

So does this mean President Bush is part of the Thomas Kwong Party?