BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!


To all of you still out there, near and far....happy Valentine's Day!! Here's a picture of a small lake near Cleveland. They've certainly gotten into the spirit!!

In case you're wondering what my plans are for today (its 3:30am Saturday morning as I write this), I have the day off. So Danielle and I are planning on going out for a Valentine's Day dinner tonight at the restaurant where we had our first date just a little over a year ago! So I guess the one-year anniversary and V-Day are being combined! Nothing really special beyond that. However, her birthday is coming up the first week of March, so there will be more festivities at that point.

The restaurant we'll be re-visiting is Carmine's in Henderson. It is formerly La Collina, in case you've ever been there, but only the name has changed. The owner just put his first name into the name. The menu didn't change much, and I don't think the prices changed at all.

Here's the place.

It's got a really good view of the Strip (the pic doesn't do it justice).

And it's got really good food. This is the dish I've ordered a couple of times. It's a seafood alfredo dish with a white sauce and capers.

Click here for its web site. I've been here 4 or 5 times and I've never had a bad experience. Of course if Danielle and I run into trouble tonight, I'll let ya know...but that's not likely.

Unfortunately, I always have to respect the fact that I could be called into work, so I need to get some sleep. Even though tomorrow is Valentine's Day, I NEED to go into work if they ask me to. Turning down an extra shift right now would be poison! But our reservations are for 8:30pm, so dinner is on...no matter what!

Oh, and enjoy the racin' this weekend too! Daytona really creeped up on me this year!

0 comments: