BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Blown a Gasket

Okay, so my day today on Thursday isn't what I expected. My plan was to get the car to the shop at 7am so it could be done in time to drive to the ear doctor by 10:30am. The "low coolant" light flashed the other day and I discovered that my coolant was running low (and was dirty). So I took it in today to have the battery replaced and to get a coolant flush. Well, much to my dismay, when I went to pick it up at 10am, I found out I had a blown head gasket! Ugh!!!!

So a service guy drove me to the doctor and I immediately decided to call in sick to work on my way to the doctor. I still think I might have been able to get shuttled to work and only miss about an hour, but I was in no mood to go to work anyway!

I'm actually in a decent mood though all things considered. The doctored cleared a TON of wax out of both of my ears and they feel like they're brand new at this point. I had NO IDEA AT ALL how bad it was. Honestly, the sound of the keyboard keys being typed sound different, the cell phone ring scared the crap out of me earlier because it was so loud, even the sound of my own voice sounds way different! It makes me wonder just how long this has been going on. It couldn't have been a matter of months, but years!

So even though I'm out a bunch of money for the car repair, we're still planning on heading up to Mesquite tonight after Danielle gets home from work. Wish us luck.

0 comments: