BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Good Deed Rewarded

If you happen to remember my posting about a month ago concerning finding the $100 chip on the floor at the Venetian, last night was the moment of truth to see if it had been "claimed" by anyone. To be honest, I agree with Javier, Big Tips and others in that I just should have walked away with the cash. But Danielle and my moral compass kicked into gear and we turned it into security.

I didn't really expect the money to still be there, but wouldn't you know it, I'm now $102 richer after stopping by the Venetian security desk after my shift on Tuesday. Actually, its just $100 since I left the extra singles with the friendly cashier lady. It's nice to know the security staff at the Venetian are as honest of folks as we are!

As to what to do with the money. Basically, I just put it in my wallet and whenever Danielle and I do something small for a while (see a movie, go bowling, etc.), we'll just say its courtesy of Mr. Mystery Man at the Venetian.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! I'm glad you got the money back!
Is that dead or deed? Sorry.

Anonymous said...

WOW - that was one good dead that went UNpunished!

Jay from Ohio

Rob said...

My roommate Jeff actually works at a restaurant in the Venetian, and he told me last night that he once found a $50 bill sitting under a blackjack table (in an unopened pit) while walking through one night. Man, it seems the Venetian floors are the loosest floors in Vegas!!

Anonymous said...

One time at I was at Ballys in one of the elevators and I looked down to find a $212.00 cash redemption ticket lying on the floor! I didn't turn it in, I immediately took it to a machine and cashed it out! You are a much better person than I, Rob. I'm glad that nobody claimed it and that you got to keep it!