BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Suave Response


So somebody over on the T2V board posted a comment yesterday that I just now responded to. Apparently, she and her step-mom are coming into Vegas soon and her step-mom insists they check out a Wal*Mart here in Vegas. Yep, you read that correctly! You can check out the whole thread here.

This as my response on the board.

Is anyone else fighting the urge to go on a Wal*Mart rant right now??? I don't know why I couldn't just let this go, but I can't. My brain can't get over the fact that a store that I avoid like the plague is somebody else's vacation destination! To answer the original question, the location that Kikky mentioned just south of 215 by Eastern is a decent location. It's also got a Sam's Club right next to it in case you need a 15lb. bag of nutmeg during your trip. Okay, I just had to delete about 2 more paragraphs that might have gotten me into some hot water with the moderators. Please have a nice trip to Vegas and enjoy your visit to Wal*Mart.

This was my response before I edited it and deleted the necessary information that would have caused trouble with the powers-to-be over there.

Is anyone else fighting the urge to go on a Wal*Mart rant right now??? I don't know why I couldn't just let this go, but I can't. My brain can't get over the fact that a store that I avoid like the plague is somebody else's vacation destination!

To answer the original question, the location that Kikky mentioned just south of 215 by Eastern is a decent location. It's also got a Sam's Club right next to it in case you need a 15lb. bag of nutmeg during your trip.


Seriously, I see from your profile that you're from Texas, so I gotta tell you that the Wal*Marts here in Vegas have the same ethnically diverse clientele with a south-of-the-border motif. They have the same minimum requirements for the number of 24 year-old single mothers and their accompanying broods of satan trailing behind them. And they have the same apathetic employees who complain about not getting health care, and yet, spend more effort making themselves look like they don't give a s**t about their jobs while their ineptness is obvious to anyone who even came close to getting a high school diploma!


Forget about renting a car or taking a taxi. Don't Wal*Marts in Vegas offer free shuttle service to and from the Strip? Don't most of them have a lion habitat or fairly priced afternoon magic show? I'm pretty sure they at least have a decent 24-hour cafe with midnight steak and eggs specials. Oh wait, I may be wrong now that I think about it. IT'S FREAKING WAL*MART!!!!

Their happens to be ONE damn product that I use on a consistent basis that I can ONLY FIND AT WAL*MART! Yep, if it wasn't for this one product, I might actually be able to make it through an entire year without having to visit the place. The last time I stepped foot in a Wal*Mart was last summer when I bought about 6 bottles of this product.....and I just opened up my last damn one. The product in question is Suave For Men Hair Gel. The picture is above. I've looked for this product at Smith's grocery store, which is where I usually do my shopping, with no luck. I don't think Target carries it and I'm sure I've looked at other places as well. I'd gladly pay a couple bucks extra on EACH bottle if it meant not having to step foot in a Wal*Mart again!! So if anyone knows of an alternate place to purchase this favorite product of mine, I'd be eternally grateful!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kind of like going to a strip club to check out the sound system
Jazzguy

bsb said...

Try drugstore.com maybe they have it...

Dave P. said...

Rob,

$8.99 (plus shipping) from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Suave-Men-Sport-Extreme-Hold/dp/B0012CKTPG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1240242382&sr=8-3

You hit that nail right on the head with you description of Walmart.

Dave P.