BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Authentic Cleveland Stadium Mustard!!!

Danielle now knows that if she asks me a question, she mustard be prepared for the answer! My birthday is in 10 days and she told me recently that her parents have requested ideas on what to get me for my birthday. At first, I didn't really have an answer for her. Then, something happened a couple of days ago. I ran out of mustard!!!

One very common shared experience of someone who lives/grew up in the northern Ohio region was that of going to an Indians game in the old Municipal Stadium and chowing down on a dog or two smothered with Authentic Cleveland Stadium Mustard! If you don't know what I'm talking about, that's a shame! The stuff is fantastic!

Here is the entire list of its very complicated ingredients:

-Water
-Vinegar
-Mustard Seed
-Salt
-Red Pepper

Yep, that's it! That's the entire list of ingredients! I have no idea how something that tasty can have so simple of ingredients but can also NOT be duplicated (I'm looking in your general direction Mr. Bertman).

Well, one thing that I forgot to mention concerning our trip to Ohio in late June was that I actually picked up a bottle of the stuff at a grocery store in Columbus. Danielle sent me in to get her some ice cream and I came out with her ice cream.....and a 12oz bottle of Stadium Mustard that I just happened to see on the shelf. I think it had been about three years or so since I tasted it, so imagine my glee as I walked past it and made the most obvious impulse buy ever!

So a little less than six weeks later...poof! All gone! The last of it was used to top off a couple Hebrew Nationals tucked in some Wonder wheat buns and doused with warm sauerkraut. Now I just have a lousy boring bottle of French's yellow mustard in the fridge to cover all of my mustard needs! So hopefully the mustard fairy will soon be putting some bottles of mustard under my pillow. If not, I'll just have to stow away a couple more bottles on my next trip home in October!

Oh, by the way, apparently Stadium Mustard has its own myspace page!

Stadium Mustard's Myspace page.

And its been on three Space Shuttle missions as well!

Stadium Mustard in space.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I always have some of the mustard in my fridge at all times...but then again, most supermarkets around here carry it.

And YES, I'ts GREAT stuff!

Jay from Ohio

Roach Lady said...

I got Mikey an Official Staduim Mustard apron for his 30th birthday, to go along with all of the mustard his friends gave him. STadium Mustard is still the standard in our house! I'll see about sending you some! Email me your mailing address and it's yours!