BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Countdown to September 2nd


This is what I just set as my compter desktop background. I'm hoping it will help pass the time between now and the opening kickoffs for college football. Now that the NHL playoffs are over and the summer doldrums are upon us, its really hard to get a sports fix. I try to follow baseball, but it doesn't do a whole lot for me. I used to be a super NASCAR geek, but I only watch about one out of every four races these days. The summer just kind of sucks all the way around. 110 degree days, not much break from the unending desert heat, no real sports action and nothing much to do aside from hiking. A visit from my parents in August will help. They'll be here for 10 days including a two-day side trip to the Grand Canyon, which my dad has never been to. Money will be pretty tight for the next couple of months as well, so I really can't justify doing a one-night vacation downtown like I like to do every once a while and its really hard to get together with the guys these days with everyone being on different shift schedules. So let the hot summer months begin, and hopefully end sooner than expected. The Buckeye road trip is the first week of October......any chance of snow that week???

1 comments:

leohfebish said...

Can't wait for football season myself. I am a notre Dame fan and am hoping the coaching change makes a difference. I think they will be fine at q.b. with Crist. I also think if the buckeyes get past Miami they should run the table or lose only 1 game.