BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Failure Pile in a Sadness Bowl


There you have it. Kentucky Fried Chicken's most popular selling item ever! But don't let me tell you about it. Check out one of my favorite comedians of all-time, Patton Oswalt (safe video for work with a couple bleeps).

http://www.junkiness.com/?p=1173

In case you're not familiar with Patton's work, he may be best known for his role on the show "King of Queens". I never watch that show, but I am aware he's on it. I do know him better from his appearances on Reno 911, both the TV show and the movie. I own both of his cd's and highly recommend them (although they are extremely raunchy compared to his clean-cut image on King of Queens). Check out Patton's web site at www.pattonoswalt.com.

I am proud to admit that I've never dipped my face into a sadness bowl, and since his clip is from last year, I'm not even sure KFC offers this delicacy anymore. But if it was as popular as he mentioned, I'm sure it's still there. If I ever find myself living back in my parent's basement, watching Star Trek reruns and lip-syncing to Weird Al songs, I'm sure I'll splurg and try out this wonder of edible wonders.

4 comments:

Commonsense said...

Every time you eat a steak, a hippy's hacky-sack goes in the gutter.

Commonsense said...

Jokety Joke! Joke joke joke! Tha's right, I make dem jokes, bitch!

Michael said...

Update: KFC still has the 'sadness' bowl. Let me tell you, it's actually pretty good. Now normally I'm not one to mix and match flavors, everything has it's place on my plate, and should not be touching, but this bowl is really good. Maybe it's the shreaded cheese. Just about everything tastes better with unmelted shreaded cheese(I consider it a major food group, right beside beer and caffeine)

I may be an occasional visitor to the conventional fast food establishments, but I rarely ever goto KFC. Actually, I've found the best time to go is during the lunch rush. The food hasn't been sitting around all day at that time.

I recommend you give it a try and order the sadness bowl.

Anonymous said...

omg the sadness bowl is really delicious...i recommend people to try it even though it is true it does contain a whole lot of calories