BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Santa Visits the Man-Cave!

It's been a pretty good day! I hope everyone had a great Christmas today and was rewarded with some goodies from Santa! It was a pretty good time at Steve's yesterday. I avoided a severe tragedy while driving over there though. Some idiot pulled right out in front of me and I was able to slam the breaks to avoid him. However, my balls did a somersault and landed upside down! Before I could tend to my balls, I needed to make sure that doing so would not cause an accident, so the crock pot was upside down for probably 15 seconds or so. Fortunately I had the heating cover on it as well as the little bungee string keeping the lid on, so there were no ball casualties. However, about half of the sauce leaked out and into the cover with some getting onto the floor cover. Needless to say I had some cleaning up to do once I finally got to Steve's.

Speaking of the balls, I had probably the PERFECT mixture for the sauce this time. The recipe is brutally simple. Just put some pre-made meatballs in the crock and cover them with the sauce. Cook on low for a few hours to infuse the sauce into the balls and that's it. The sauce is made up of 1/4 cocktail sauce (what you dip shrimp in), 1/4 chili sauce, and 1/2 two different kinds of jellies. You pick what flavors, but my "perfect" mixture yesterday was strawberry preserve and apple jelly. Be careful with the cocktail sauce though. If there is one ingredient that can overpower the rest, it's that one.

We all had a grand old time on Christmas Eve playing poker, watching a couple of movies and eating way more than we should have. Eva, Steve's girlfriend, makes the absolute most delicious cheesecake I have EVER tasted! Everyone crashed around midnight and I woke up at 5:30am trying to figure out where I was. Since I couldn't get back to sleep I headed back to the apartment.

Around 8am, Mikey and I decided to tear into our presents which had been tempting us under the tree for the past couple of weeks. Santa sent them from Ohio for some reason. My goodies included some nuts (to go with my balls I guess), thin mints, a log of summer sausage, an Ohio State t-shirt from my sister, an OSU alarm clock and a buckeye welcome mat. The mat is extremely welcome since dirt and leaves seem to be getting into the apartment more often since the weather turned cool.


The rest of the day was spent cleaning like crazy. I hadn't cleaned the place in a couple of months, so the place was pretty filthy! Sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, bathtub scrubbing, laundry.....the whole nine yards. I was called into work for tomorrow morning and will be working 6 straight days beginning Friday, so I really needed to get these chores done pronto!

Once again, happy holidays everyone!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice Christmas, Rob. Nice to see you're getting some work hours in, too!

Happy New Year,

Eric