BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Friday, January 11, 2008

No Movie for the Faint of Heart

The last thing I ever expected to see when I woke up Thursday morning was poor Milton lying on the floor, his face and neck riddled with buckshot and blood spurting uncontrollably from his carotid artery.

Sorry for not giving you a spoiler alert, but I just wanted to give you a fair warning if you have yet to be lucky enough to see the movie No Country for Old Men, the latest installment by the Coen brothers.

I finally got down to the Regal Cinema at Green Valley Ranch on Thursday to see this movie. It's very easily the best that I've seen all year, and possibly much longer. If I were to compare it with any other Coen movie, I'd go with Fargo. The two movies have similar pacing and character development, but No Country makes some of the dark subject matter of Fargo look like a day in the park. Although I was constantly reminded of that Coen brother's "feel" throughout the movie, you really need to leave all preconceptions at the door before going in to see this flick.

So, as you can guess, I'd HIGHLY recommend seeing this movie on the big screen while you still can. There were so many layers within this movie that I could probably watch it a dozen times and still only come close to understanding some of the extremely subtle nuances. I'm not sure what my mental state would be after the 12th viewing though.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

But it is not as good as "Office Space" in 30 seconds as performed by Bunnies.

http://angryalien.com/aa/officespbuns.asp