BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Monday, September 29, 2008

I love these lazy Mondays!

After a long weekend of working (Friday and Sunday) and partying (wedding/reception on Saturday), I could use a nice and relaxing day off! I got up around 12noon and headed down to the Strip to meet up with an old friend of mine from back in the James Madison days while in graduate school! Bob was my old boss at the JMU recreation department and I had not seen him in about 3 or 4 years. In the time that we lost touch, he went off and got married as well as switching his job roles and I'm sure a few other things that we didn't touch upon. I just got his email about him and his wife coming out here late last week, so it was a pleasant surprise to know we'd be catching up again today!

Of course, the best part of catching up was the fact that he sprung for lunch at Margaritaville! Gary, if you're reading this, I suppose Margaritaville is the default location to catch up with out-of-towners! :-) As usual, the food there was solid and the famous nachos (from the very first post I did on this blog) made a return!!

The ginormous plate of nachos at Margaritaville!

My old boss Bob and his wife Donna! Thanks for lunch, dude!!

After lunch, I showed them around my place of employment and they took advantage of my car for a trip down to the Fashion Show Mall. Their trip ends tomorrow, so I bid them farewell and made my way back to the house!

As I write this update, I'm listening to my brand new David Gilmour Live in Gdansk cd set (the 5 disk deluxe set from Best Buy). I bought it last week on the first day it was available, and the 5 disk set (3cds/2dvds) sold out online in one day. Currently, only four of the six Best Buys listed near where I live have the set available, and its back to its $70 price (mine was $50 for a limited time). AWESOME set!! The movie last Monday night was priceless. Watching the concert in the theater with its surround sound was just awesome, but a lot was NOT covered in the theater version that I'm just now discovering within the 5 disks. The nicest surprise was his 'On and Island' album completely in DTS 5.1 surround sound! Wow!!

The rest of the day has fun stuff planned as well. Danielle will be coming over after work to watch the Monday night game and cheering for the Steelers to beat the Clevtimore Browvens. A nice dinner will be prepared as we hopefully watch a Steeler win. The line was Pittsburgh +5.5 yesterday, which I was surprised about. Big Ben is banged up, Willie Parker is apparently injured and the offense looked like crap last week, so I'm not really sure where that line came from. Let's hope the "experts" know what they're talking about on this one!

And then, of course, poker night will follow the Steeler game. Since we don't normally head over there until around 9pm, the game will be over by then....an upside to the 3-hour time difference that I'm still getting used to after living here for over 1.5 years!

Let's see, what else? My mom had somewhat major surgery this morning and I'm glad to say she made it threw without any big complications or anything, so that started my day off on a great note! She should be up and about by the end of the day and may leave the hospital either tomorrow or the next day.

Other than that, I'm gutting my phone's picture card at the moment, so here...for no reason....is a picture of Chris in a swimming pool with his clothes on and a big hot dog mascot costume sitting next the entrance to the men's room at a local eating establishment!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMM Nacho's!! Of course I am checkin out your notes. Sorry we missed you in Sept. but Mike and myself will be MGMin in Nov.