BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Special Screening in Vegas...and elsewhere!

Next week, David Gilmour releases his live concert on cd/dvd "David Gilmour, Live in Gdansk". In over 100 theaters across the USA, a special abridged screening of the concert can be seen on Monday night, September 22nd. The concert footage is of his last tour date of his "On an Island" tour at the end of 2006 in Gdansk, Poland in front of 50,000 people and accompanied by a 40-piece string orchestra! It WILL be absolutely fantastic!

If you happen to be checking my blog from the Vegas area, the screening will occur at 9pm this Monday night at the Rave theaters on South Las Vegas Blvd near where the I-15 and I-215 meet. I have not seen a movie there yet, but I've heard the theater is really nice. Tickets are $10 each, the price of a regular movie there. There are still tickets available and remember, this is a one-time showing for one night only! Although the screening doesn't show the entire concert, it is listed as almost 2 hours long, so a very big chunk of it should be included. I did see the playlist for the movie at some point on the internet, but for the life of me, I can't find it again. I do remember most/all of the On and Island being included in the screening as well as some old Floyd favorites such as Astronomy Domine, A Great Day for Freedom, and Shine on you Crazy Diamond (which should sound superb in theater surround sound) as well as Comfortably Numb, which I'm pretty sure wraps up the screening.

Here's a list of all of the theaters showing this screening in the USA.

Here's a link to the page to buy tickets to the Rave theater in Vegas.

Here's a link for my Columbus friends.


Richard Wright is definitely a big part of this concert, and unfortunately, this was one of the last public performances in which he appeared. If you happen to need any more encouragement to make it to the screening Monday night, here's a couple of songs from that concert which I'm pretty sure are also part of the screening.






1 comments:

Michael said...

Hey, the link to your columbus friends didn't work. It came up with an unauthorized link. So I e-mailed movietickets and told them to piss off with their unauthorized link, I'm taking my ticket buying dollars elsewhere.