BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pinball Museum and Hall of Fame

On Sunday, Danielle and I stopped by the Pinball Museum and Hall of Fame, which is located on the SW corner of Tropicana and Pecos. Javier had emailed me a few days ago saying how he had taken his family there and had a GREAT time, so it planted the seed in me that I had to get there ASAP!

After watching a pretty depressing Steeler game earlier that afternoon, we needed something fun to do to pick up our spirits. The Pinball museum fit the bill!

I'm actually extremely tired right now so this post will go unfinished at the moment. I have several pictures to add, which will have to wait. However, if anyone reading this is in the area and wants a very cheap way to have fun for a couple of hours, don't hesitate to get out there. It's a non-profit entity and can only survive if people show up and have fun!

Pinball Museum Link


Okay, one picture. Who's the man!!!! Either I'm the best Asteroids player on the planet, or they turn the machines off every night. Wonder which one?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the "Museum". The games are in terrific shape, and play great. It's even fun to play a few of the old timers that don't have that crisp and modern playability (not to mention crazy 9-digit scores). I did well on one old machine and my score was 215. That's it. Two-hundred-fifteen points!

It's not a pretty place, and the games are jammed about as close as they can get them. But dollar for dollar it's probably the most fun you can have in Vegas.

If you even like pinball, it's a must see.

And Rob, you went to a PINBALL museum ... and the one photo you post is of a video game! What gives? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob,

Just caught up on a month or so's worth of your posts. Sounds like life is good- little woman/getting paid. RIP Richard Wright.

Keep up the good work.

Eric

Rob said...

Thanks Eric, nice to know you're still lurking a bit.

Lars, more pics have been added above. You're right about the bang for the buck. We spent about 2 hours in there and I only spent a grand total of $4.25. I'm sure I'll spend more the next time we go as I spent much of the time this first visit reading the various signs on the machines and just kind of browsing.