BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

More Pics from Pinball Museum

Examples of campy 70's throwback cartoonish artwork. Maybe even pre-70's, not sure.

One row of machines. There are about 140 pinball machines and 200 total games.

Danielle and I came across this particular piece of entertainment.

Here are my results!

And here are hers.

My friend Matt may be familiar with this machine. To my knowledge, I currently hold the high score on this machine located in his basement in Columbus. I was NOT used to actually having to put in money to play the game!

Here is the layout for the Simpson's machine.

And here is Danielle taking her turn at it during our two-player game. I more than doubled her score, but considering how much time I've spent on Matt's, it was NOT a very good effort on my part. I had NO D'oh Frenzies, NO Itchy and Scratchy episodes and only got two balls up on the couch the whole time I played!

This was my favorite of the early 80's arcade games on hand! Others included Centipede, Donkey Kong, Spy Hunter, Miss Pacman, and others.

And here's my aforementioned dominance on Asteroids!

7 comments:

Javier1171 said...

I went there again last night with my oldest daughter, for father daughter date night. We had a great time and though we aren't near the pinball wizards Rob and many of the other customers are, I managed to get away fairly cheap having spent less than $20 for two hours including snacks and sodas. We particularly liked the SouthPark, Simpsons, Jurassic Park and the Indiana Jones machines. I plan to try and go at least once a month because he rotates his stock of over a thousand machines from time to time. (there is only floor room for about 200 at any one time) I am waiting for Xenon in particular which he promises me he has.

Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact, I fired up the machine last night...and yes, your record remains in tact. I am in a close second and third, you are still fourth and fifth as well. Dex asks to "play" it now. He pulls the plunger, cheers when I get in the garage, and LOVES the D’oh frenzy. Did they have the Family Guy machine there?

Hurricane Mikey said...

You only got TWO balls up on the couch?

Um, how many do you have?

Javier1171 said...

Yes, the Family Guy Machine is there along with Terminator 2 and 3, The New Batman, Adam's Family, Elvira, Bugs Bunny,3 Star Treks, 3 Star Wars and even a Johnny Neumonic. Plus Air hockey, Tron Donkey Kong, Pattle War (the first pong), Punch Out, Mrs. PacMan, Missle Command, Crazy Climber and Space Invaders. A multi-game Machine at the front has the rest of the favorites from the 80's like Sinistar, Space Ace, Dig Dug, Joust, Street Fighter, Defender,etc.

Hey what can I say, I love video games and Vegas is mighty boring if you don't drink, gamble and binge eat every night, which I certainly do, but come on every night? It's nice to have a place to take the family sometimes and relive some of those fond memories of High school, the best nine years of my life! 8-)

Rob said...

I need to find that multi-game machine. I didn't notice it the first trip there!

Hurricane Mikey said...

Hey, does that multi-game machine have Tempest?

If it had Tempest, Defender, Asteroids, and Galaga, I'd be tempted to buy one myself.

Javier1171 said...

Don't know about tempest, but definitely galaga, phoenix and galaxian.