BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Friday, July 23, 2010

Scrambled Eggs

Who would have thought scrambled eggs could be so complicated. It's something I've made probably a hundred times and apparantly I've been doing it all wrong. My ex-roomy Jeff went through culinary school and I don't know how we got around to talking about scrambled eggs last night, but it happened somehow. So he brought up the youtube video below of Gordon Ramsay making scrambled eggs and he swore by it! Well, I just tried it out and I have to admit, its my new way of making them. However, a big disclaimer in that I really don't think its for everyone. I've always prefered my eggs (whether scrambled or in omelet form) to be a little on the runny side. As you can see from the video, that's certainly the case here.

The big difference from how I, and most people, make scrambled eggs is that we whisk the eggs up before putting them in the pan. You'll see that he doesn't even heat the pan beforehand with oil or butter or anything, he just puts the butter and whole eggs in to start, and then starts stirring them over the heat.

Ignore all the stuff about mushrooms, bread, tomatoes, etc. I'm just focusing on the eggs themselves. Also, he adds something like "creme fresh" or the like at the end. Jeff informed me that sour cream would work just fine, so that's what I used. The end result is an extremely creamy and "fluffy", almost too runny but very tasty scrambled egg. The weird thing is that its not TOO runny. If you notice at the end when he pours it over the toast, it doesn't just ooze all over the plate. It still keeps its form on top of the toast.

Try it out once for yourself. Maybe you'll like it and maybe you won't.


1 comments:

Dutchvegas said...

Thats something i have to try..