BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hoover Dam Bypass Project

This is a post I made over on the T2V message board, but thought I'd blog it as well. It's kind of interesting that I took two pictures more than five years apart from almost the exact same spot by pure coincidence.

If you'd like to learn more about the Hoover Dam Bypass Project, please visit this site:

http://www.hooverdambypass.org/default.htm

I was just looking through some old pictures today and came across some more pictures I took with a disposable camera back in March of 2002 during my very first trip to Las Vegas. The trip included a trip out to Hoover Dam. I had not made it back to Hoover Dam until this past August 2007 when my parents visited. Ironically, I took a picture in 2002 and a picture in August from almost the EXACT same spot and angle. The pics just show the canyon just down river from the Dam. But the 2007 pic now shows the Colorado River Bridge (part of the bypass project) beginning to be constructed. I think anyone who has been there lately will agree that the picture can't really convey the complexity of this project!


This is the disposable camera picture from 2002

Here's the picture from my camera phone just 3 months ago in August.

0 comments: