BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Friday, February 22, 2008

Happy 100th!

Woohoo, my 100th post!

I've been crashing over at Fiesta Henderson with my folks all week, but needed to spend the night back in the man-cave due to some red tape that I need to go through at 7 freakin' am in the morning. It seems I may or may not have a lead on a dealing job, and I need to get on the computer at 7am to clean up an application that I messed up on earlier this week. If I get this one, it'll be just like Sunset (extra board with questionable hours), but at least it'll be something and will get me back behind the felt while still looking for a better one out there.

In other news, my parents and I have had a GREAT week! This is the 2nd time they've come out to visit, and it seems like the overwhelming element of their visits is very fine cuisine! I'll run down a list of where we've been so far:
- Fiesta Henderson's 24 hr. cafe -Not too shabby, believe it or not. The menu is very big, the food is decent and the service is about average.
- Pancake House at GVR - Ugh, the portions are HUGE.....and very good.
- Fuego Steakhouse at Fiesta - AWESOME! The prices are a notch below what you'd pay at the "high end" steakhouses, and the quality is just as good in my opinion. I had the veal oscar (tender veal with crab meat), dad had the prime rib and mom had the filet mignon. Her filet absolutely melted in your mouth! Highly recommended.
- Grimaldi's Pizza - I had to take them there this time. We made a trip out to New York Pizza and Pasta the last time they were in town, so I had to show them a place that actually had better pie.

Yesterday we went out to Hoover Dam. Dad didn't want to do the tour, so mom and I did. Unfortunately, we were too late to go on the fancy tour with the extra stops that just started back up since before 9/11. But we did do the smaller tour, which was still cool.

Tonight we say O at the Bellagio. Really good show. It had to be with the prices! As much as I loved this one, I still think I'd rather see Mystere if given the choice.

I'm guessing for the trip, Team Family is down about $80 or so. With my financial/job situation, I can't really justify putting up my own cash on games of chance, but I've been the ultimate railbird and have sucked some gambling money from the folks, with the understanding that any winnings will go right back to them. Mom and I have had a pretty good time on the $5 pai gow tables at Fiesta (which there are usually THREE of during swing shift). Dad usually sticks to his penny/nickel slots. Team Family also wrestled enough money away from the Bellagio earlier tonight to pay for all of the waitress tips, valet tips and beverages purchased. Not a bad night!

Oops, one more thing. If anyone ever questions the value of buying a AAA membership every year, I've got a story for you. I went to pick up my parents at the airport on Monday and parked in the short-term parking. I guess I had a ton on my mind. I got out of the car, fed the meter, and walked back to the car......only to find out that I had locked it.......with the keys in the car. Oh, and the keys were still in the ignition and the car was still running! Unbelievable! I used to keep a spare in the gas cap, but got paranoid it would get stolen that way once I moved to Vegas.

Fortunately, I had my cell phone and wallet in my pocket at the time. I got my AAA card out, made the call, and in less than 20 minutes the AAA guy pulled in and took care of the problem. My membership expires on the 28th, so guess where my first errand will be after my folks leave.

Okay, now one more thing. Our plans for the next two days before my parents leave Monday will be to head out to Lake Las Vegas on Saturday night, and do some touristy strip stuff on Sunday like visit the Venetian and St. Mark's Square. Got a date on Friday night (tonight), so the folks will have to entertain themselves at that point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the job lead.

Anonymous said...

Man Rob, thats great to show your father and mother Las Vegas.

I loved it when I brought them over 3 years ago to show them everything of the city i do love to visit several times a year.

Great times...

And succes with your job hunting.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great few days, bud.

J21