BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

An Argent Message to Buckeye Fans.....

Hold your heads up!

It is NOT the end of the world!! It might have something to do with the fact that I was working while the game was on and I didn't get the full effect of the disappointment, but I am definitely not crying in my beer after this loss. The Bucks did way better than most of the "experts" predicted and didn't embarrass themselves like last year. After the first game against Navy, I was extremely apprehensive about the season as whole, let alone having any chance against the #3 team in the country! That has completely changed now!

Kudos to the defense for controlling the field for the most part in the second half, with the obvious exception at the end. But if the offense had just been able to capitalize on the opportunities it was presented with, the D wouldn't have had to carry the game on its back like it did! Prior had some happy feet and a few pretty bad decisions throughout the game.

Regardless, playing USC to a 3-point loss bodes well for the upcoming weeks. It's ironic that I'm much more optimistic about the rest of the season after this week's loss than I was after last week's win!!! Although watch out for Toledo next week at the "neutral site". They put an asswhippin' on Colorado Friday night!!!

I'm also cautiously optimistic that the Big Ten is becoming competitive again after the first two weeks of play. If it wasn't for Sparty taking a diarrhea dump against Central, I would have said the day was pretty damn good for the Big Ten. But with three legitimately competitive top teams this year, we officially have three more than the ACC right now. The Big 12 has turned out to be overrated and I'm not really sure what to make of the Big East. Can't really gauge them this week with Cincy beating SEMO by like 90 points and Pitt beating up on Buffalo. The SEC is still the king with Florida on top, but who knows what will happen the rest of the season. I just know that NOTHING can be counted out yet. They'd need to run the table and get some big help, but Ohio State is NOT out of the national championship hunt just yet! They do have to travel to Penn State and Michigan though, so let's not get ahead of ourselves yet. Let's just see how everything pans out in the end.

Oh, by the way, CRAP ON A STICK for Bowling Green not pulling out the win at Mizzou and James Madison not finishing the job against one of the pitiful ACC teams at their house! It was close call losses for all three of my schools Saturday!! :-(

2 comments:

Hurricane Mikey said...

I'm still not sold on the Big 10 yet. Penn State looks solid, Michigan isn't as bad as everyone thought they were, and Ohio State will still probably get to a BCS Bowl, if not the Rose Bowl.

National Championship, though? Not a chance.

On the other hand, the rest of the Big 10 is pretty bad as far as I can tell. I've watched both Minnesota last week and Wisconsin yesterday--and they played pretty badly against iffy teams. Sparty, WTF happened there? Illinois, no good, Indiana, they're just waiting for hoop season to start, but Purdue seems to be OK.

But you're right about the Big 12--waaaay overrated this year. And the ACC clearly sucks.

The SEC is still King, though.

Rob said...

I long for the days of the 3-TV system so that I could watch all those games. Didn't see any highlights or anything from the Wisconsin, NW or Indiana games. I know Purdue lost in a tight one out west (I think they came up a 2-pt. conversion short). I'm just optimistic they have hit bottom and are on the upswing at this point. Still not the best conference around, but certainly not the weakest either. As far as the national championship is concerned, I know it's a longshot, just like them getting in after losing to Illinois two years ago. If OSU runs the table somehow, they'd only have one 3 pt. loss against the #3 team in the nation. Not a bad resume, as long as other teams in the other conferences get knocked off as well.