BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

TBDBITL homework

Really quick post before I head off to work. Whenever I attended an alumni band game at Ohio State, one thing that always caught my eye was a few old geezers in the band with woodwind instruments (flutes, clarinets, etc.). For as long as I know, the band has been a completely brass band, the largest of its kind in the world according to wiki. So you're homework assignment is to find out exactly when the OSU marching band went from accepting woodwinds to being a completely brass band. My little five minutes of searching produced no results. I'd also be interested in knowing if they made the switch cold-turkey, or did they grandfather in the woodwind members until they all eventually left. Hmmmm, I guess an even higher level question would be who, if the grandfather case is true, was the last woodwind holdouts and what instruments did they play.

Good luck!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The matchless theme, is pleasant to me :)