BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Do Laundry, check! Find House, check!

Well, the great house hunt of 2008 has passed almost as quickly as it began! We ended up getting that place near South Point. So basically, if you don't include the time spent on the computer finding listings, the hunt ended less than 48 hours after the first official showing that Jeff and Chris did on Wednesday!

All three of us showed up as soon as their office opened at 9am yesterday. We turned in our applications (along with a $50 application/gouging fee each), and about 3 hours later Jeff got the call that they'd rent it to us. I think it is still up in the air whether or not the house got as much attention as the lady told us, but if it did, I think the fact that all three of us have good, steady income and credit scores well north of 700 played a role in the expediency of their decision.

Some important details still need to be ironed out though. The obvious question will be who gets which bedrooms/bathrooms. There are 2 regular bedrooms upstairs, which are a little bigger than average, a GINORMOUS master bedroom and a very small bedroom/den downstairs across from the 3/4 bathroom (shower, but no tub). Whoever gets the downstairs room will probably be able to fit their bed in there, and nothing else. So that same person will probably also have use of the extra bedroom upstairs to put his computer and other stuff. The other regular bedroom will go to another guy who'll have use of the full bath in the hallway. Of course, the other one will get the master, complete with the big bedroom, a separate "sitting room", a big bathroom and a big walk-in closet. I swear, that master room itself is almost as big as my entire apartment back in Bowling Green! I also think the dude who gets the master will probably be paying a little more per month, but stuff like that will be hammered out later.

Here's a few pictures of the place that I got off the web site listing.

Here's a front view from the street. It's got a two-car garage.

This is the view from the far end of the living room looking back at the front door. Honestly, all three of us combined still don't have enough furniture and stuff to fill this room. I'm not sure exactly what we'll do with the space.

This is an alcove extended from the living room. Its off to the left as you look at the picture above this one. Again, I'm not sure what will become of this space. It might be tacky, but it might be relegated to storage space, since storage is one thing the house doesn't really have.

This is the entire backyard. Nothing but stones and a few bushes. If you think its ugly, you're right. However, it'll work because none of us wanted the hassle of having to mow and care for a lawn (like they need to do at their current house) and my only hope was for a small porch area to put a grill, which I got! Why they decided to put a pic of the backyard on the listing and NOT the master bedroom is beyond me!
Here's the kitchen. That picture above of the living room was taken from next to that far left kitchen counter in this pic. So the living room is actually bigger than the picture above makes it look to be.

So now that the house-hunting is out of the way, its time to enjoy the last day of my three-day weekend. I wasn't able to do anything with Danielle last night because I was so exhausted/sick from the previous couple of days. I went to bed around 5pm last night and woke up around 5 am this morning. Nothing like a sound 12 hour sleep to help shake the sore throat and cold. I'm still a little congested, but its not bad enough to keep me cooped up another night. Tonight, Danielle and I have plans to go have dinner at a Mexican restaurant called Cozymels, which is located just a few blocks east of the Strip on Flamingo. Dave P, a guy from T2V and who also reads the blog, sent me a comped voucher for the place, so we're looking forward to a nice free meal tonight. Thank you Dave!!!

Aside from that, I need to get crackin' on some organizing, etc. I already have 1 load of laundry done (out of 3), but my bedroom is ridiculous right now. It was a small miracle that I was able to find that voucher so easily because its tough to see the top surface of my nightstand, desk and table that I have in the bedroom. I probably won't do any real cleaning/scrubbing until its time to move out in about 3 weeks, but it would be nice to be able to find a paystub or rent receipt without going nuts for a change!

0 comments: