BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Feeling Down Under

It's been pretty tough to post this past week. I really haven't had much to talk about and I haven't really seen anything on the internet that I could make fun of. I just got home from 8 hours at "work" and my normal routine that past few days is to spend some time reading my brand new book, which is a biography of Pink Floyd. It's been pretty damn interesting so far, but I've only gotten through the first couple of chapters. Basically, I'll read for a while and every time something new introduced, I'll get onto the internet and research it a little more or do something related to the subject matter. For example, I just got through reading about their debut album in 1967 (Piper at the Gates of Dawn) and it had been a while since I've listened to that album. So as soon as the chapter was through, I spent about an hour listening to it as well as some other rare early stuff on youtube and in my bootleg collection. As you can see, its a slow read! But what else am I supposed to be doing after getting off of work at 5am!?

Work was incredibly slow this past shift! Believe it or not, I only dealt on a live game for 3 hours and 40 minutes. I had one other stint as a "mucker" on a roulette table and the rest of the time I was on break! It was just that slow! It also didn't help that every time I got sent to a table, it was usually just closing. So instead of sending me to a different table, I was just sent on break again! It doesn't matter much to me though since I'm getting paid the same either way. The slowness of the shift doesn't bode well for tokes though.

The reference in the title refers to a players that I dealt blackjack to last night/this morning during one of my brief stints on a live table. He was from Australia, he had just flown in about five hours previous to me seeing him, and he was completely blitzed out of his head!!! I don't know what he'd been drinking during those five hours, but it had to have been STRONG! Anyway, about 10 minutes into the session I just happened to ask him where he was staying. He though for a minute and said, "Um, I'm not really sure mate. I think it starts with an 'M' or something." So for the next couple of minutes we were trying to help him remember what his hotel was. He was sure it was on the Strip, which meant it was either the Mirage, MGM, Mandalay Bay or Monte Carlo. Every time we mentioned one of them, he was SURE it was that particular one......until we mentioned the next one! He looked in his wallet but no room key was to be found. Amongst his deep thoughts about his current abode, I was tapped out. So I don't really know if he figured it out or not. I can just picture that scenario in the taxi cab though! "Where to buddy?" I.....don't......know!

0 comments: