BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Taking away, the moments that make up a dull day...

I've now worked 2 shifts on day shift and in about 10 minutes I have to get ready for my third. It seems for the most part, I'll be working the 12noon to 8pm shift, with a little more than half of my shifts being spent on the dice table. So the scheduling side of things seems to be good!

One thing about day shift though is that I can actually go out and do stuff with my free time at night, as opposed to being cooped up in the apartment after getting home at 5:30am after work. Last night, I spent the evening chilling out at Danielle's and tonight I'll be able to go over to Chris' place and take part in the weekly Monday night poker night over there, which I haven't been able to do for months! Of course, when we move into the new place, we'll probably host it so it'll be more accessible, but this new shift seems to be working out just fine so far.

What I haven't been able to do is find time to make decent blog posts. Time seems to be a commodity this week as well since Jack21 over on T2V has offered to put me up in a free room for two nights at the Flamingo on the Strip since he had an offer that he wasn't going to use. He gets in today and I'll be meeting up with him sometime tomorrow to get checked in and maybe hang out for a while. That means I'll be away from the computer until sometime Thursday.

One thing I really need to do is post that "advanced craps post" like I've talked about. It won't be too tough, it'll just stress the need to PRESS YOUR BETS when the table is hot. Yesterday, my dice table had to call for TWO fills, to replace all of the red chips that vanished from the table. Tourists just don't seem to be interested in making money at my place of employment. When a six rolls 5 times in a row, put more money on it and make some cash! We shouldn't have been running out of reds, we should have been running out of green and black after a couple of monster rolls occurred late in my shift!!

That won't be 'till later in the week though. I need to get to work now and I'll be playing role of tourist the next couple of days while being able to walk to work in the morning, which will be nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying your new shift!

AND looking forward to your Craps 202 class :-)

Jay from Ohio

Anonymous said...

George says hello. And he wants you to sniff his candle, whatever that means. He said you'd know...

Anonymous said...

Rob,

Enjoy your blog and look forward to your craps post. As a dealer, I would be curious on your thoughts on doing come bets and odds versus just placing the numbers as soon as the point is set.

Buckeye Bob