BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Friday, June 13, 2008

A Stolen Survey

Here's one of those email surveys you get in your inbox every once in a while in which Mikey has answered and I have unceremoniously stolen. Feel free to reply with your own answers.

1) What was the last CD you listened to?
The last non-bootleg CD I've listened to was Nektar's Remember the Future album. Don't worry if you've never heard of them.

2) Do you have Tivo? If yes, what shows do you record? I've got DVR and usually watch the recorded episodes of Jeopardy and Deadliest Catch with Mikey. I also record NASCAR races and other sports events that occur when I'm either sleeping or at work.

3) What book is currently on the nightstand? The Pink Floyd biography I mentioned in my last post.

4) What was the last DVD you watched? Remember That Night, David Gilmour live at Royal Albert Hall (a venue that I have recently learned he was supposedly banned for life from in the late sixties).

5) What was the last thing you purchased online? The book and another David Gilmour DVD, which come to think of it, is probably waiting for me down at the complex office.

6) If you were given $50,000 and told that you had to use it on a new vehicle, what would you buy? How much do Zambonies cost???

7) If you were given $50,000 and told you could use it on anything, what would you spend it on? I'd send a little to the family back in Ohio and use the rest on boring stuff like a retirement account and just keeping some for a rainy day. Although, now that I think of it, I probably would splurge and take about a grand of it to the craps table at my old place of employment, making sure to call out every damn stiff at the table while hopefully turning my buy-in into yet another 50 grand to "blow up" the shift and piss off my old boss!

8) If you were given ten days of vacation to go anywhere you want, all expenses paid, where would you go? Ireland

9) If you could attend one major sporting event, which one would it be? Oh man, so many to choose from. I'm tempted to say the Indianapolis 500 since I've never been, but I'd obviously want to do a Super Bowl or NCAA championship game if the Steelers and/or the Buckeyes were involved.

10) What was the last alcohol you purchased?
A 12-pack of Corona plus a lime.

11) The last time you went out for breakfast, where did you go? Lunch? Dinner? Breakfast was at a chain called Coco's with Danielle. It was her breakfast, but my dinner at around 9am. The oddity known as "lunch" doesn't really exist for me while working swing shift, since it would occur around 1am if I ate it. We'll see how that changes on day shift. Dinner would have been at Amore's, the Chicago pizza place on the west side of town where I ate around 12noon before coming home and going to bed.

12) Favorite fast food joint? Chipotle. However, I've noticed that the food at the Chipotle locations here in Vegas aren't ever really as good as the ones back in Columbus, Ohio. So I guess for good fast Mexican burritos, its not necessarily better if you're closer to Mexico and have them made by actual Mexicans. Go figure!

13) Which modern technology baffles you the most? Text Messaging! No, I'm not stumped by it as I usually text people a few times a week. I'm just baffled at how teens can substitute texting with actually calling someone up and talking to them. Seriously, why do they feel the need to constantly type s**t into the phone as opposed to just calling them!?!?

14) If you could live like a hippie, following a band around on tour, which band would it be? Most of my favorite bands are into their sixties, so the choices are dwindling. The Who, YES, and of course Pink Floyd if they ever re-united (I'm not holding my breath though).

15) Which do you own more of--purses or shoes? Shoes. Stupid question.

16) What was the last thing you bid for on Ebay? It's been a while, but it was a ticket to an Ohio State vs. Minnesota football game two seasons ago.

17) Do you have a secret crush on anyone? No, I'm not in high school!

18) If you could go back in time 25 years and give yourself some advice, what would it be? I don't know what I'd tell an 8-year old version of myself, but a couple things would include NOT transferring out of Ohio State. Just stay a true Buckeye and find a degree you'd like to complete in Columbus, and then see what happens. Also, in 1993 you'll have an opportunity to see Pink Floyd live during their PULSE tour. DO IT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! The freakin' tickets aren't THAT much!!!!!!

19) When was the first time you got high? I only smoked pot once, which occurred within the past 7 years or so. Not impressed in the slightest. I'd prefer to stick with easy-to-find, legal and delicious alcohol!

20) Who was the last person you sent flowers to? Danielle. Actually, that's not technically true since ftd.com f****d up my order and I had to end up buying her some flowers on my own instead of surprising her at work with them. So I guess the true answer would be Deb, my ex back in Ohio about 3 years ago. Lesson learned though......don't order flowers from a web site like ftd.com or flowers.com. Just call up your local florist and order them that way, which is what those web sites do anyway while charging gouging fees and providing crap-ass service!

21) What was the last foreign country you visited? The one and only foreign country I've visited is Canada. Yes, I need to get out a little more!

22) If you could host a Jon Favreau-style dinner party, that would be filmed and broadcast on cable, who would your four guests be? And where would you dine? Who is Jon Favreau? Is he related to a Green Bay quarterback?

23) Do you have any weird food habits? When eating a bowl of Lucky Charms, I'll pick out and eat all of the oat cereal first, leaving a bowl full of sugary milk and marsh mellows to enjoy! Sometimes a marsh mellow will stow away on the bottom of the spoon, which draws my ire! I remember my ex Deb did the exact opposite, eating the marsh mellows first, which was just crazy! No wonder we never worked out.

24) Which company has made you suffer the most, customer-service wise? Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. The only month I've EVER gone over my cell phone minutes was the month they decided to put me on hold for 30 minutes EVERY time I tried to call them!!!

25) If you had the chance to pelt one public figure with garbage and rotten fruit without getting caught, which one would it be? George Bush, but not too hard since I wouldn't want Cheney to have to take over!

0 comments: