BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Columbus Gang Leaves Town

On Friday, I got up earlier than I thought I would and drove down to the Strip to meet the Columbus gang at Planet Hollywood, since they were on the Strip today to do some touristy stuff. We ate at La Salsa Cantina in the Miracle Mile Shops, which I think is Spanish for "The Cantine full of Salsa". The seafood burrito was pretty decent. I finished my plate, but again, I'm not sure I'd get excited and write home about the place. Right as we were walking outside to the Strip, the place I've been interviewing with for the past 2 days called to set up an audition next Tuesday. Okay, so I guess I didn't get out of having to show my mad dealing skillz. Wish me luck on that.

After lunch, the group headed over to the Bellagio to check out the conservatory. This was an activity that Danielle and I covered on our second date, which wasn't to long ago, and I also checked it out with my mom a couple weeks back while they were in town. So I wasn't too enthused, but fortunately the theme had changed within the past week or so. We also caught the "Luck Be a Lady" fountain show.

After walking back to PH, we bid our farewells since I had to go to work. I almost called in sick, but since I took early out on Tuesday night AND tokes suck to begin with, I couldn't really afford to miss a night of work. The shift was irritating to around the 9th degree! My friends never showed up because Michelle got sick (and she was the designated driver). If I had known they'd be a no-show, I definitely would have re-thought my sick call scenario. I had nothing but loser strokers all night on the dice table, and to top it all off, I HAD to stay an extra hour of overtime! Yuck!! To give you a microcosm of what my night was like, there was this one complete idiot who, at one point, had a $20 place bet on the five. It hit, so I cut out $28 (1 green chip and 3 blue chips). He told me to "take it to 30", so I did. He got pissed off and said it again. At that time I realized he was actually telling me to make it a $3 place bet (our tables are $3). Honestly, what kind of absolute human piece of stroking garbage presses a place bet from $20 to $3????? Did I mention my current place sucks ass!!!

I finally got home around 4:30am, all wound up, and didn't get to sleep until 6:30am. At 10:30am on Saturday my alarm with off. I dragged myself out of bed and headed back downtown. I found Mike, Matt and Sherri standing around the table games area at the Nugget. Since I just got off my shift and I going on so little sleep, some things are slipping my mind. I just know that I said so long to Mike, and never saw John or the Michel(l)es again, since they were taking the rent-a-car and I think doing more Strip stuff. Matt, Sherri and I went back to the stand-by at this point, the flea-gow game at Elco. This time I got off to a TERRIBLE start, and did good to only lose $50 this session. That kind of sucked, but to be fair, I did set aside some extra cash to play tourist these past few days, and some of that money is still in my wallet! :-)

The afternoon wound up with lunch at that Italian place next to the pool at the Nugget (Matt and Sherri generously picked up the tab) and I drove them both to the airport and said goodbye to them (thus saying goodbye to "tourist Rob" for the week).

A quick nap was in order before heading to work. The shift tonight wasn't too bad since I was forced home an hour early after dealing on the "high roller" $5 dice table most of the night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob,
We had an absolute blast! thanks for playing tourist with us and introducing us to the El Cortez!
Michele

jazzguy said...

Off Topic
Thanks for the craps strategy post! Craps was very good to me last week. I only strayed from your strategy once when I made a hard way bet for the dealers and me. I actually hit it so I may be one of the few who are ahead on the hard ways bets. I posted the report on the message board if you want to read about my trip.
Jazzguy

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed saying good bye to you! We had such a fun trip and it was great seeing you! Mike and I (and the rest of the gang too, I'm sure) will try to make it back there as soon as we can!

And for the record...I was captivated by the Duke/Belmont game too! I won 5/6 basketball bets in Vegas!! Go me!

Thanks again for hanging out with all of us slack-jawed yokels!