BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

In Limbo

I thought I'd be able to give you a good update about the job on the Strip that I thought looked pretty good, but I had my audition yesterday and I simply can't give a good update right now. The whole interview process went well and my audition yesterday did seem to go well, but when it came time to sit down with the hiring manager, he told me there weren't any specific spots open at the moment and he would put my file on the very top of the list. "You'll be one of the first I call when they open up", was the line.

Although to most people that would seem to be positive news, I've heard that line before at other jobs, so it may be just a common line used to say, "Thanks, but no thanks". I won't go into very much detail about the whole situation, but there was some incredibly bad luck/timing concerning the person involved with getting me the interviews in the first place. It seems that person may/may not be with this property as of today, and if he's not.....I'm probably not either.

We shall see. In the meantime, the worst case scenario is that I just keep working the four full days at my current off-strip place until something better comes along. It's not a great place, but its actually a better paycheck than my previous place since they almost never send me home early and schedule me the maximum hours allowed every week.

Wish I had more interesting stuff to write about these days, but with my friends being in town, work, job searches and the T2V people arriving very shortly......I'm about tapped out as far as energy goes!

When I was down on the Strip for my audition, I walked to the Flamingo afterwards and bought Danielle and I tickets for the 2nd City Improv show for Thursday night (2-for-1 coupon). I've seen the show twice before and liked it both times, so I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Second City show is excellent. We went about 1 year or so ago. Since they ask the audience for ideas, I like to have some rally unusual answers to shout out in order to keep everyone on their toes.

First question of the night we went: Name something you'd find for sale at a garage sale.

My immediate and very loud answer: an emu.

They stopped cold for about 3 seconds while they tried to figure out what an emu was. I was already on the floor and VERY proud of myself.

If you go, have goofy non sequiturs ready, and it's even better.

Rob said...

The show was very good and very entertaining! There was very little straight improv though, so I guess I'd like to see their Saturday night "scriptless" show which I guess is more like Whose Line Is It Anyway. If I ever have a Saturday night off, Danielle and I agreed we'd go check it out.