BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Past My Bedtime

Just some random thoughts to wrap up the week and start your weekend. Your is in italics because I actually work tonight and tomorrow night (Friday,Saturday). At my previous dealing gig, I would be happy about that. However, it seems like EVERY day at my current job is pretty much the same toke day, over and over again no matter what day of the week it is. My first five toke days were 86, 88, 87, 77, etc. Well, you get the idea. Fridays and Saturdays are much busier and I do work my ass off, but since there are more dealers scheduled for those nights, it all seems to come out in the wash.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much though. I am getting 4 days a week now, and I've never gotten more than a half-hour of forced early out as of yet. So my paychecks should actually be looking as good or better than the old job. I'm not sure the mega-flea-action is really worth it though. I AM still looking!


The most recent night I worked was Tuesday night, and it was surprisingly interesting. For the first time ever, I had a guy at my end of the table for about the first five hours betting nothing but black and purple action ($100 and $500 chips) on the numbers and green action in the prop box. He had a very difficult betting style and did require some baby-sitting, but he was also a really big George (big tipper) as well. More times than not he had a two-way hard ten bet, with one green chip for him and one for the dealers. It hit about 3 times that I can remember, which is $200 and down for the good guys each hit. He also threw in a very random three-way yo (betting the eleven will roll the next roll and betting a green for him, the shooter and the dealers). The yo hit!! So that was another $400 and down for the squealers! All-in-all I think we probably dropped around $1500 from this guy over a five hour period. He left about 13 grand up, so hopefully he'll be back real soon on a day that I work!

About the title of this post, I've had a weird time getting used to swing shift. My normal shift these days is 7pm-3am. The first few nights seemed okay as I would go to bed as soon as I got home and slept from about 5am-1pm, give or take. But now, as I write this post, it's almost 9am Pacific time, and I'm still awake. Of course, that means I'm officially a vampire. The sun usually queues me in that I need to get to bed. There are some pros to this. I still get to see Danielle quite easily on my days off, since she has a pretty normal day job. The difference being if we eat together, it's her dinner while its my breakfast. The other pro is that I'm getting out of bed not long before my shift, so I always have plenty of energy to get me through work, even the really tough shifts. The cons, of course, include sleeping through everyone else's "normal" day, so I have to plan ahead of time when to visit the bank or run other similar errands. The other is I have to make use of the DVR more often. For example, Ohio State plays Michigan State this afternoon in an attempt to get into the NCAA tourney. That's the middle of the night for me now! Drat!! Oh well, go Bucks!

It seems like they like to schedule me to work Monday nights for some reason. That's always the night the guys gather at Chris' place for some fun shenanigans and Play Station madness! The reason I bring that up is that Chris has a bunch of pictures of our adventures moving out here to Vegas on his hard drive that I completely forgot about. I even think he has a short movie or two. So the next time I get over there, I'll try to do some blogging from his computer so that you can actually see our fight against the deadly ice storm and the friendly town of Grantz, New Mexico that we were stuck in. Patience though as it might be a while before I make my way over there again. I'm sure I'll be scheduled this Monday night since it's St. Patty's Day.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude,

From a shiftwork guy whose workplace also is open 24/7, it ain't MY weekend...

J21