BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Questionable Searches

At this point, I'm getting well over 100 hits per day during the week on this blog. I know that's not much in some circles, but for a blog that was intended to just keep my friends back in Ohio plus a couple T2V people updated/entertained, I've gotta ask WTF!?!? If you enjoy stopping by though, feel free to do so anytime! I do resist the urge to "post, just to post" because more people are viewing. If I don't have anything to say, I'm known to go quiet for days on end. One annoying thing the past few days though is that I can't seem to post youtube videos directly onto the blog anymore. That MST3K video last post was supposed to be like all the others, but instead I had to link it, which is not desired. If there happens to be any technical geeks out there with advice, please send it. I hit the "share" button on youtube like normal, it says "video will appear on your blog shortly". But nothing happens.

This week's been pretty normal. Danielle is in the middle of what seems to be a week-long birthday extravaganza! We hit The Melting Pot on Sunday (the fancy fondue place) with a few of her friends. She hit the White Chocolate Grill the next night with her mom, where she had the best white chocolate martini of her life. I seriously know nothing about that restaurant, but given the name and location, I bet it's goooooood! Tuesday was her actual birthday. Last night I invited her over to my place so that I could cook her a birthday dinner and she could enjoy her favorite show "Lost" in beautiful high definition goodness. The dinner consisted of some wine, broccoli/cheese on the side, and this as the main course. It was a pretty easy recipe, but it was also very tasty! Oh, and for no reason whatsoever, I felt like making some guacamole/chips as a little snack while we both waited for my supper to get done. The night would have been perfect, except for it being briefly interrupted by some dude (who shall remain nameless) who got home after unexpectedly taking more than FOUR HOURS of voluntary early out at his place of employment. I guess sometimes the best laid plans just can't account for contingencies such as that! Seriously dude, if your gig is becoming less of a challenge, how about we ask for a double-transfer and participate in a Dealer Exchange program or something. My current place has full tables ALLLLLL night long!

So that's about enough for any one person's birthday, right? Nope! Tonight we're both going to see KA, the Cirque show at the MGM, with tickets courtesy of her parents. It's crazy, I'll be wearing the sport coat and tie a whopping three times in a 2 week period. The first was my pre-screening interview with MGM properties (not holding my breath), seeing O with my parents at the Bellagio, and now KA tonight. I suppose a nice dinner will have to accompany the night as well. :-)

Getting to the topic that was intended with the title of this post, I've noticed a couple disturbing things through sitemeter this past week. First off, Jeri Ryan (the actress who played 7 of 9 on Star Trek Voyager) apparently had a baby this past week. Well, for some reason, I've gotten a LOT of referrals to the blog.....I'm guessing.....from people putting in google image searches of Jeri Ryan and hitting on the following pic, which I had posted way back in September. And for some reason, the majority of these referrals are from Europe.

The other very troubling referral I discovered was someone putting in "Meat On Craps Table" into a google search, and of course, being directed to this pic from a post last year. Once again.....W.....T.....F!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not see that last picture up to now. LOL......

Anonymous said...

Meat on craps table..... TOO FUNNY!!! Keep em coming dude!!!!! Dave

Anonymous said...

Off topic, but referencing a previous post…watched “The Man Who Wasn’t There” tonight. Liked it, but not one that I would want to revisit right away. Tony Shalloub was awesome! A solid Cohen brothers movie, but not a “O Brother,” or “The Big Lebowski.” Any new recommendations?

Rob said...

Dave, if you liked that pic, go to the following address to see what I did with Chris when he passed out on the floor one night.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_q-Nng22Lka4/RvwV1-nT4bI/AAAAAAAAAEg/HorlCkC7AM8/s1600-h/Meat+and+Chris.jpg