BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

First Night on the Strip

The past few days have been pretty boring here on my end. I never got enough motivation to go out shopping, but I did clean house on Monday, and how! Vacuuming, dusting, kitchen counter cleaning, mopping, laundry, bedroom organizing, etc.!

Tonight is my first "real" night of work at my new Strip property. Being a Wednesday night, I'm not expecting it to be too busy, but I'm sure I'll have plenty to do in relation to off-strip Wednesdays. My shift begins at 8pm, but my plan is to show up around 6:30 or so to grab a bite to eat in the employee dining room (which, by the way, kicks major league ass compared to my other employer's dining room) and also visit their little training room to refresh my memory on the blackjack shuffle procedures. I also want to get a heads-up on my string for the night in case they put me on any carnival games that I don't have much experience in. I highly doubt if they'll stick me on craps the first night, but who knows. Whatever happens, I'm sure I'll get through the night okay.

The major damper is that I got a call from my dad last night informing me of a death in the family. It's something I'm gonna have to put out of my mind during the shift, but I'm still up in the air on whether I'm going to head back to Ohio or not for the funeral. If I'll try, I obviously need to ask my bosses tonight for a little time off, which of course is awkward seeing as how its my first night!

Whatever happens, wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your family's loss.

Hope you had a good first day at your new place!

Jay from Ohio

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your loss Rob, but also congrats on the new job. If you need anything, just let me know.