BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Almost Forgot

Sorry folks, but I've gotten a couple of emails reminding me that I've forgotten to fill everyone in on our brush wish greatness a couple of weeks ago at the Voodoo Lounge at the Rio while my friends from Columbus were here. As you can see from the pics that Matt finally sent me, we met none other than Phil Collins up there on the deck overlooking the Strip. Very cool!!

To be honest, he's not one of my favorites of all-time and I don't own any of his albums, but I also wouldn't turn him off if he came across the radio on the way to work. I'm more of a fan now though since he was so cool. He seemed extremely approachable and down-to earth and was more than happy to pose for a few pictures. Fortunately, we were up there around 8pm when there wasn't much going on and it was kind of dead. Everyone was just kind of chillin'. So I'm not sure if we would have gotten so much attention from him if it was hoppin' up there!

As you can see, I've included a few pictures of the Strip from the deck as well. It was the first time that I'd been up to the Voodoo and it was very impressive. The cover was $20, unless you're a female with a local driver's license, then its free. Also, if you go to this web site, you can print out a VIP pass that gets you in for free prior to 10pm. I completely forgot to bring it that night, which was a $20 mistake.

The Columbus gang hanging out with Phil Collins!

Rob and Phil just chillin'.

View of the North Strip from Voodoo.

View of Mid-Strip from Voodoo.

View of South Strip from Voodoo.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy April Fools! I never see the resemblance, but I guess that is because I love him for the way he is! Curious to see if anyone is fooled.
Blaneykramer

Anonymous said...

Im not so sure thats Phil Collins seems a lot younger in your photo then I remember him being.

Anonymous said...

April Fools!

Michael said...

OMG. I can't believe that you actually met PHIL COLLINS! That is SO cool. I wouldn't have believed it if you just told me, but you posted pictures. That's great. It's neat to know that he's approachable and stuff.

Did he start in about Genesis, did you just discuss his solo career? Did you get an autograph? That would have been cool.

Man, that's amazing.

I'm speechless.

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob,

I actually have a friend who lived in San Diego years ago. Him and a buddy were at a bar one evening and Phil Collins (while he was still a member of Genesis) was there hanging out by himself. The bar wasn't very busy. They hung out with him and drank for several hours. They said he was really cool and very nice. He was even buying people drinks. It is nice to know fame and fortune hasn't gone to his head after all these years.

Craig in Kansas

Anonymous said...

I really don't think that's Phil Collins.

Rob said...

Sorry Craig, but it looks like you're the only one who decided to make a comment without realizing what the date was. That's my friend John. I really do think there is a resemblance though!

Anonymous said...

Man, I really thought it would be the Robot from Lost In Space Fame, Oh Well,next time maybe! Dave