BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

An Actual Weekend!

I'm in the middle of my first actual weekend in a LONG time. I was scheduled Monday through Thursday last week with an "on-call" Friday. Since I was never called, I have now had Friday, Saturday and Sunday off before going back to work Monday night!

Like I mentioned in my previous post, I had hoped they'd call me in on Friday night since I could use the extra money these days. The tokes at my current place averaged well over $100/day in March, but by the time I started, they had plummeted back to around $80 during the week, which is all I've worked so far. Always looking for the silver lining though, its WAY better dealing at my current place than the s**thole on Boulder Highway for the exact same pay!

I've spent most of the weekend with Danielle, since she has a somewhat normal schedule during the week and its basically the first time we've spent a weekend together. Friday night was pretty uneventful due to the fact that I couldn't really "go out" with her until later in the evening after the chance of being called into work passed by. We just had dinner at her place and played some board games. Saturday night was a little more fun. I had some major cravings for some chicken wings for some odd reason, so I dragged her to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner (12 boneless, 1/2 garlic parmesian and 1/2 Asian zing) and some beer.

Afterwards, Danielle had the great idea of heading over to Green Valley Ranch and putting some money though the machines. Uh, not the machines you're thinking of........these machines!!!

Sure, you can claim that its a lame way to spend a Saturday night, but that Galaga machine (yes, there was an actual original Galaga game) was WAY more fun than any slot machine, and much cheaper on the wallet as well! Danielle was crowned the Galaga queen while I bested her in a heated skee-ball tournament! In all, we walked out of GVR having spent $6. Not a bad price for an hour of entertainment!

After reliving some childhood memories, it was back to the apartment to watch Lost (which I had DVR'd) and another board game which she had resurrected out of her parents closet. It looked to be pretty old and its a Parker Brothers game that I had never heard of before called Option. Anyone out there familiar with it?? The instructions had long been lost, but it was basically like Scrabble, but the game pieces had two letters on each, both with a different color. It was interesting, but I think I still prefer the old standby, Scrabble. And in case you're wondering, I can lay claim to being the current Option champion, even after allowing Danielle to play the word "soden", which according to dictionary.com, is only a word in Slovenia!!! :-)



Sunday doesn't really hold any big plans. I was so damn tired after the work-week last week and Danielle had to remind me that I had basically gone from the funeral weekend, to flying back Monday and working THAT NIGHT through Thursday with very little sleep overall. So Sunday will probably see just some lounging around once again, hopefully catching some Stanley Cup playoffs if any are on. Go Wings! Go Penguins!

0 comments: