BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Comfortably Numb on a Saturday Morning

I got home from work around 4:45am and planned on going to bed right away in hopes of catching the Wings game at 10:30, Vegas time. Before I went to bed, I wanted to check my email and approve any blog comments. For some unknown reason, I decided to check out what wikipedia had to say about Alex Lifeson of Rush (with the concert still ringing in my head from last week). At that point......it was on! No beddy bye time for me. After checking out Alex's info, for yet another unknown reason, I decided to read up on just about anything Syd Barrett related. Then it was on to youtube for some Syd (Roger) Barrett stuff, and then about 3 hours of browsing through some more Floyd stuff. My link off to the side named "the great time waster" is a youtube link, for obvious reasons.

Well, in case anyone is in a lethargic mood on a lazy Saturday/Sunday and wants to chill out with some pretty rare Floyd tunes that I found on youtube, here are a couple. The first is an amazing live video version of Carefull With That Axe, Eugene circa 1972. The second is an acoustic version of the final part of Echoes, the video being an easter egg on David Gilmour's live DVD from 2007 (which I have inexplicably not purchased yet).

Enjoy!




0 comments: